Stators - Ricks vs Z1 vs Electrosport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stators - Ricks vs Z1 vs Electrosport?

After doing the tests from the stator papers I found I need a new stator for my '81 GS450T and was going to order the Ricks one from BikerBandit but the picture they show does not match what I have. Mine has 18 poles and only three wires, the photo they show has 10 poles and several wires with the gommet looking only 3-4 inches away from the stator:

So they I look at what Z1 and Electrosport offer and their photos match what I have, the Z1 is more expensive but has the grommet, wire sheath, and connectors that I need. The Electrosport looks like I would have to reuse the grommet and put on my own sheath and connectors but is less expensive. I'd like to go with the Z1 based on this but BikerBandit also has the case gasket I need and it would be nice to get everything from one source.

There is so much info on this forum on stators that has been very helpful, I just wondered if anyone had any insight into why the photo of the Ricks stator was so different than the others.

Thanks for your help!
    Kevin.

BikeBandit is likely just using the same photo for all stators.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I kinda suspected that and thought I would just call them to confirm. I'm not having a lot of luck finding a stator cover gasket in stock now either.....

Comment

i say buy rick's.
        i have been a dealer for them sense the mid 90's.
        great products/great people.
        thats my opinion!

Comment

The BB is a Rick's, and they carry the gasket. Win Win, as I see it.

Comment

Main thing for your stator!
            Do not run it low on oil
            Make sure all stator connections are clean, I prefer soldered connections
            Check fuse block connections, voltage drops

Comment

Thanks for all the comments! I did confirm with BB that the picture is just a stock pic they use and does not represent the exact stator for my application. I did order the Rick's stator and plan to use new solder on blade connectors.

Comment

Blowerbike, how are there r/r? I found one for very good price. terrylee

Comment

Working...
                X