finally figured out my charging problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally figured out my charging problem

Hey all, im relatively new to bikes so dont ask me how but im pretty sure im missing r/r. Not really sure myself how i missed it till now but after i went to check the stator i realized that it wasnt connected to anything. well almost nothing one wire was actually connected to the harness. the question i have is in the pic below you can see 3 wires coming from stator outlined green Y,W/G,W/B and 3 wires in the harness W/G,W/R, R. those are outlined pink. after reading thru here and basscliff's site i know that stock r/r was suppose to have 5 wires 3 to stator and + and -. out of those 3 wires outlined in pink i think the solid red is the + from r/r but what are the other two W/R and W/G?

In 1982, they still had one stator wire going to headlight switch( probably W/G ), but it was just connected direct to W/R wire coming back to meet up with other 2 stator wires. You say these things aren't connected? Follow wires back thru any connector and you should find a r/r - or a spot for one! Bassclift might have wiring diagram which will explain things!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thanks i just looked at the wiring diagram and you are right w/g connects to w/g and then comes back as w/r. i think im good on that now i need to find new to me r/r

Comment

PM Duaneage and he'll hook you up. I understand he just raised his prices to $45 but it's still a great deal.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Follow the wiring diagram on my sig line when it arrives, I sent it today. Let me know if you need any help with the wiring.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

thanks man i checked the diagram already and basscliff's guide makes it pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
            X