Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Contact Point ***HELP***

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a 78 GS 750 and had a little hickup with the turn indicator contact point. Inside the control hub there is a little switch that makes the turn signals go on and off.

It is comprised of a little bearing, spring, metal clip and held together by a metal bracket. I had to fix the indicator arm but when I took it all apart, I tried to be real carful but unfortunatly the spring poped off and I lost the bearing and contact clip. I still have the spring, how I found that is beyond me.

My question is does anyone know where I can get the functioning parts of the turn indicator switch. I tried bike bandit and all they have is just the switch arm.

I could probably fabricate something but any help would be appreciated.

my 79 signal switch just went to crap as well. I replace it with the left control off of a 2006 GSXR 1000.

It is not a straight swap, but pretty close. Most of the wires are exactly the same colour even. I just got a copy of the schematics for both bikes and matched it all up, substituting my harness connector for the GSXR.

The only thing I would note is that the wiring seamed a little lighter on the GSXR. I have upgraded my lights and horn to run off of relays so it didnt matter to me. I had also bypassed the stator cutoff attached to the light switch.

It looks far nicer, gives you 4 way flashers, and a "push to pass" switch for your high beam.

You might check on alpha sports or bike bandit for the parts. I looked on Alpha I believe, and I think they were individually listed.

EDIT: Nope, just checked alpha, no joy. - I will check wehn I get home, but I think I turfed the parts from mine. There is just a small possibility that the small part you need is in my tank bag.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks man, much appreciated. Ill look into that.

Comment

where you at?? I got a few in my just in case box..right off a 77 750 parts bike..still in the switch box. I can sell ya the whole assembly if you want it for the other spare parts as well.
        Last edited by chuck hahn; 08-26-2010, 09:25 AM.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

no joy on the contact, but I do have the ARM here, if you need it, I will take a pic so you can verify it is what you need. I will be in Maine tomorrow, so can send it via post office to you.

Its all yours if you need it!

Comment

Working...
          X