dyana s failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dyana s failure

I had a problem with my bike, it would get warmed up it would die on me going down the road. I would check for spark and was not getting spark to 1-4, i would let it cool down for a 1/2 an hour and it would start back up.
    I thought it was a coil so I change that out, it did the same thing.
    So i took out the dyna s and put back my points and it worked fine. So they do fail.

Call Dyna & ask for Larry, tell him Ray Rains said to talk to him & see what he will do! Ray.

Comment

I have one with one bad pickup that does the same thing..
      Give them a call..
      They said if it's out of warranty just send it in and they will ship out a whole new one for $78 (or something close to that)

Comment

they replaced a 5yr old one that had a bad pick up for me, $65. Very good service.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

While some do die on their own, many more are killed by the bikes charging system.

Both high and low voltage can hurt these units. If your regulator is bad, you could be pushing 17v+ through the ignition, and if your electrical system is bad, you may only be feeding the ignition with 9v-10v.

A voltage check across your battery terminals will show 12.5v or slightly better. If you check volts at the switched power feed to the coil back to the battery, you need at LEAST 11v. If you are reading under 11v, you are not providing the ignition enough power.

Running the bike with a dead battery can also cause issues.

Comment

Working...
          X