X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wobbly tach

when i bought the bike the tachometer cable was broken

i replaced it and the tackle work fine

now under acceleration or high rpm the needle wobbled all over the place especially in 6 gear

have you lubed it regularly/lately? both inside and down the cable?

Comment

the cable is less than a month old i have not lived inside the motor it gauge

Comment

Can't remember when I replaced my tach cable if it was pre-lubed or not (bought it from local Suzi dealer). I'd guess it probably was. Spraying some lube into the tach might help. Wierd angle to spray 'up' but has worked for me in the past.

Comment

This problem does seem to come up fairly regularily with the old gals.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

It seems that the cure for this is a good cleaning of the interior workings of the tach/cleaning and relubing/replacement of the cable.

When I first bought my bike, I doused the insides of the speedo and tach with WD-40 and haven't had a problem. The color of the run-off was pretty nasty though.

Comment

i relubed and it helped

Comment

When in doubt, lubricate!

Comment

Working...
              X