1978 Suzuki gs400x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Suzuki gs400x

I have this bike asa project bike that i got from my aunt. I need a few things i need to know before I start.
    • Wiring diagram
    • How to bypass ignition because I don't have the key for the bike.
    • Online manual
    If anyone has any idea of either of these things, let me know as soon as possible. Or if you can point me in the direction of where abouts I could find these things without paying too much.

Thanks,
    Chris

Welcome. Basscliff will be along shortly with his official welcome but to get you started check out his website here:

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. cvince21,

One of the locks on your bike (the seat lock, the ignition, the gas cap) should have a three digit number. Take that number to any good locksmith and he can cut a key for you from a Suzuki blank. There are even ebay vendors who provide this service.

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thankyou for the information about the key, but i am looking to make it into a kickstart bike only and totally bypass the ignition. Would you have any idea of how to do that?

Comment

With a jumper across two pins in the ignition connector.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The only problem is that you end up with an "always on" bike. You need a switch of some kind and isn't it nice to know that not "anyone" can come up, switch your bike on, and ride away?

Comment

yes, i was going to put an on/off switch instead of thee ignition. and then a master kill switch under the seat or gas tank or something.

Comment

does anyone have any idea where i coujld find a wiring diagram?

Comment

Working...
                X