Gabes Electrical house of pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
    hey guys i got a quick question for this brake light thing... when you take the brake light bulb out theres two wires that touch to the bulb ends, i tested one of the wires is "hot" when the brakes are pressed, but the other wire is "dead", should this "dead" wire be the one thats constantly "hot"? im guessing it has to be always hot because the rear driving light should always be on, and the other wire should only become hot when the brake is used? correct me if im wrong
    Yes, with the lights turned on you should have constant voltage on that contact. As mentioned before the instrument lights and tail light are probably all on the same circuit. Maybe that circuit shares a ground somewhere?
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

the wire thats bad follows from the brake light all the way up to the spot right under the key area.. just right under the key there are several wires (4-5?) comming out and my brake light wire just doesnt get hot, do i gotta take this thing off and resolder it onto the key thing?

edit: i just noticed a soldered end got disconnected at my handlebar switch.... im gettin there!
      Last edited by GabrielGoes; 09-08-2010, 02:53 PM.
      Originally posted by tkent02
      That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
      John 3:16

Comment

Good for you... I hate electrical anything... thats why Trippivot is on the payroll. And TCK, if you see this, glad to see you moseying around...
        Curt
        sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I have found a dead spot in my ignition switch where my tail light will not light. Jiggle the key a little bit and it lights up. Don't know if this is your problem but may want to check.

Comment

thanks all for the advice, id say the testor saved the day for me because i was lost without it... the left handlebar switch had a solder come apart and it would touch the horn wires at times thats why it scared the hell out of me whenever i turned the key sometimes, soldered it back and problem solved! i just cant wait untill what my bike brings to the table next!! i hope someone out there feels what i feel when the bike is down, i mean i am just beyond upset!! i cannot breathe correctly when my bike is at the shop (in pieces in my garage), i seriously had to drive around for like 2 hours straight all around town just crusing in the car like i would if i was on a motorcycleto ease the pain a little bit, i am rude to people, short tempered, moody, etc. whenever my bike is down... one friend of mine told me i needed medication with that damn bike of mine!! you can imagine as soon as my electrical problem was solved i decided OUT WITH THE BAFFLE and i was on the bike ALL DAY, i had missed about 1 1/2 weeks of beautiful riding days full of sun and in new york you gotta take all the sun u can get because the weather/winter is ugly here... i dont understand why my bike would treat me like how she does sometimes, i give her the best damn oil, clean/wax her all the time, q-tips in all the little spots, gave her new set of rubber, new everything and yet she wants to mess with my heart, o well thanks guys for helpin out whenever i need it! i hope you all have better non-one sided relationships with your bikes
            Last edited by GabrielGoes; 09-09-2010, 12:54 AM.
            Originally posted by tkent02
            That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
            John 3:16

Comment

Working...
            X