gs650 stator and flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs650 stator and flywheel

Will a gs650 stator/ flywheel fit a gs1000? Getting tired of lugging around a outboard starter and having to charge my Batterie up all the time.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. hillclimber,

What years/models are we talking about? In checking my compatibility lists, I don't see where any 650 stator fits any 1000 model. Let me offer you this...

These models use the same stator (perhaps with slight connector differences):

GS550ES/ESF (16-valve) (83-86)
    GS700EF/ESF (1985)
    GS750ES/ESF / GSX750ES/EF (83-87)
    GS1000 (78-79)
    GS1000G (shaft drive) (80-81)
    GS1000S (small fairing) (79-80)
    GS1100E/ET/EZ (GSX1100E) (80-83)
    GS1150E (GSX1150E) (83-86)
    GS1100G (shaft drive) (82-83)

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

The flywheel and stator I am looking at buying is a 1982 Suzuki gs650 and my motor is a 1978 GS1000. Found the parts off ebay but I thought I would ask people who know engines better then I do before buying the parts and getting stuck with them.

Comment

i m not even going to look at parts numbers and say...no these will not interchange.
        i think you need 78/79 GS1000 rotor stuff..even if the magnets broke.
        you should drill out the rivets and remove the extra weight so maybe your starter clutch will last a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by hillclimber View Post
          The flywheel and stator I am looking at buying is a 1982 Suzuki gs650 and my motor is a 1978 GS1000. Found the parts off ebay but I thought I would ask people who know engines better then I do before buying the parts and getting stuck with them.
          Hi,

I agree with Mr. blowerbike. The parts in question will not interchange between these two bikes. Use the list above to find compatible stator parts for your GS1000.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X