1979 gs 850g charging rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 gs 850g charging rate

just curious what my bike should charge at. i was getting 13.3 - 13.6 but had battery die and kicked it on and was only getting 13.1 at high and 12.4 to 12.6 i was hoping it did not have to be over 13 but i fear my mind tells me right and it should be over 13 lol. but i guess it could be that i was testing on a dead battery maybe once it gets all the way back up to charge i would get a better read? thanks in advance

The stator papers will answer all your questions! A lot of effort has gone into them- take advantage of it.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Want to just get a feel for how the charging is working? Do a Quick_Test

then get serious

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the Stator Papers and Mr. posplayr's supplemental work will teach you everything you need to know about your charging system. Ideally you'll get over 13v at idle and about 14.5v at 5000 rpm. Clean all your connections and check for those voltage drops that fry components. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

then get serious

If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X