Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help simplify my electricals!

Hey guys,
    First off- you are all great people. You have helped me so much. I want to thank you for that.
    Okay, so I am working on a GS850 cafe project. I need help simplifying some electrical stuff. Electrical stuff is kinda foreign to me. How can I clean up the wires for the gear position system? I don't want it. I would like to get rid of it entirely. Also, are there any other things that you would consider to be optional that I should remove?
    Thanks ya'll!

try this

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Originally posted by jadeasker View Post
      How can I clean up the wires for the gear position system? I don't want it. I would like to get rid of it entirely.
      Hey!! i hope this helps but i guess take it outfrom behind the gauge then disconnect it wherever it connects to the rest of the harness comming from inside the sprocket cover.. then get inside your sprocket cover and then take the two screws that hold the switch in place, you should have a two piece harness now, after you have these off the bike, place in a box and ship it to me after i give you the shipping money!! seriously i need those parts ill paypal you some money to ship it over to me!
      Originally posted by tkent02
      That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
      John 3:16

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the help. Gabriel, you want some parts, huh? I will contact you when I am ready to ship.

Comment

You'll need to plug the hole for the gear position switch.

Of course, you could do this with an old nonfunctioning gear position switch -- just clip the wires off and install with a new o-ring.

Perhaps you could work out a trade...?

Also, don't forget the switch contact and spring inside the shift drum.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X