This means I need a new starter right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtByScars View Post
    Lights do dim when it's whirring. I jump started with both running vehicle and with battery booster, both with the negative jumper on the battery and on the frame,
    -Noah
    I forgot- it's a bad habit to jump a bike with a running vehicle, especially a car. You could possibly get a voltage spike from the car's alternator which might overwhelm the bike's electrics.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      I forgot- it's a bad habit to jump a bike with a running vehicle, especially a car. You could possibly get a voltage spike from the car's alternator which might overwhelm the bike's electrics.
      hope everything is alright- no fuses have blown.

If my battery is beat- at least now I'll know why. I put the new acid in a half hour ago so I'm gonna go put it all together and cross my fingers it works out!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtByScars View Post
        alright I just went out and had an idea- took the battery out- it's completely dry.

I forgot that the wind blew my bike over twice- the over flow/vent tube must have drained out.
        I'm gonna go fill it and see what happens...
        That would make perfect sense why it tests fine but doesn't have enough juice to turn over. *d'oh!*

wish me luck!

what kind of wind does it take to knock a bike down?
        You may have to invest in some anchors and tie downs like they use on light planes.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          what kind of wind does it take to knock a bike down?
          You may have to invest in some anchors and tie downs like they use on light planes.
          LOL
          Well I think my rear suspension is sagging- the kickstand keeps the bike fairly upright. So it took a good gust of wind, but it was bound to happen.
          I put on the shorter kickstand from my '79 850 and turned my rear shocks to the "4" setting in the mean time, til I get new ones.

Oh, and the bike fired right up with the new acid. Didn't even need to jump it, and also found the main engine ground and cleaned that up good.
          Thanks for the help everyone!!

-Noah

Comment

Working...
          X