Bad Electrical ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Electrical ground?

Alright let me describe what's going on. I've been working on this bike for a few months. The turn signals were always a problem. They'd light up but not blink. So I replaced them with a relay from Pepboys and everything worked great... for a day. Now they wont turn on at all, all 4 lights. Headlight works, tail lights work and fuse is not blown. And the speedo gauge went out at the last minute while I was troubleshooting the idle. The tach light still works and the neutral light works. Ive tried testing with a voltmeter and the wires are checking out ok. so whats the deal? Bad ground wire, shorting out, turn relay already crap out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by oklahoma82GS View Post
    Alright let me describe what's going on. I've been working on this bike for a few months. The turn signals were always a problem. They'd light up but not blink. So I replaced them with a relay from Pepboys and everything worked great... for a day. Now they wont turn on at all, all 4 lights. Headlight works, tail lights work and fuse is not blown. And the speedo gauge went out at the last minute while I was troubleshooting the idle. The tach light still works and the neutral light works. Ive tried testing with a voltmeter and the wires are checking out ok. so whats the deal? Bad ground wire, shorting out, turn relay already crap out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    If the turn signals don't even light up, let alone blink- your relay is probably no good, since you said fuse was good. Pull out relay,jump contacts, turn ignition on and push turn signal either way. Does one side light up?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X