leaving for a 800 mile trip need help/ turn signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaving for a 800 mile trip need help/ turn signal

I'm leaving 4am tomorrow morning from CT to NC... I noticed my left hand blinker isn't working while the right one is fine. Under the right Hand side cover there is a (relay?) that makes a normal clicking noise when engaged to the right but a winding sound when to the left. I'm assuming it needs to be replaced. Where can I get it fast?

Pick one up from Kragen, O-reilly, Autoparts etc. Either a standard or electric type should work if stock flashers.

Kragen has a round shaped electric one that is bright yellow translucent that works a treat & fits well behind the side cover.

You'll have to cable tie it to the mount. Check out your wiring first in case you have some other issue.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hi,

Maybe this will help. From my website:

or

Turn Signal Relay Replacement

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

If the flasher works on the right side then the flasher unit is most likely operational. It sounds like you may have a faulty bulb on the left side or a bad connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
          If the flasher works on the right side then the flasher unit is most likely operational. It sounds like you may have a faulty bulb on the left side or a bad connection.
          Bingo! check bulbs and grounds
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            Bingo! check bulbs and grounds
            And make sure the bulbs are of the proper size/wattage/voltage. The stock flasher unit wants to "see" a certain load. If there's not enough resistance it will not flash.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Worst case revert to hand signals....harder to see at night though....

Comment

Working...
              X