Resister plug ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resister plug ends

Been having trouble all year after replacing the resister plug ends ,doing the coil mod, welding the clutch basket , shimming valves etc on my GS1000E ,1980 vintage.Finally the spark quit on a couple of cylinders permanently and I put on another CDI box supplied by a good member here.The problem remained! Took the ends off and a blue spark a mile long and strong enough to jump the pliers into my body when my finger strayed off the insulation but when the ends were reinstalled the spark stops.Did pull the resisters from the two ends that allowed removal and spark reappeared but two end were factory sealed and did not allow modification.Went to the local parts store,there are no bike shops in Harlan , Ky , and they did not sell replacement ends of any kind but had replacement wires, installed one of these in the coil and no spark at all comes out of these.The wires were the new fangled imprgnated cotton and will not work on my bike. Then got pulled over and written up for no seat belt as my mind was elsewhere AND I was only going two blocks ,then the trooper threatened imprisonment and impounded vehicle unless I gave him the respect he deserves and quit trying to talk my way out of a ticket ,took the plate off my truck when I could not find my insurance receipt when I told him to give me a while and it could be dug out of the layers of accumulated trash,tools,parts etc but he said that was not his problem and they should have been available immediately stranding me three hours from home while my wife drove up from Tn to retrieve me but although she brought paperwork the Captain at post 10 in Harlan said the only way to get the plates back was to show up next month at the court date,,,,,,,,Man, I left town without the truck or bike and kinda lost interest in working on the bike for a while.But anyway, check your resisters first ,
Working...
X