Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor puller information needed asap.

Heeelp!!!
    I had my motor making a whole bunch of noise while riding abt. 60mph. I was smart enough to shut it off immediately. I knew there was something very wrong it almost sounded like the drive chain came off...but, it didn't.

Took off dyno cover. It looks like the big gear on the back of the charging rotor is locked. It will not freewheel in one direction, when you turn the crank by hand, either way.

Is it common for the three big allens that hold the starter clutch to the back of the rotor to back out, causing it to lock the big starter gear?

I need to take the rotor offf to look at the starter clutch and gear.Will a rotor puller in a 1980 Suzuki factory manual fit any gs1100 rotor?
    My motor is pieced together and I'm not sure what year the crank & rotor are. Is there more than one rotor puller? And how would I determine which one I need.

The Kawasaki tech is at my house now...What do we do? Anybody know where I can get one? andybody have any extras?

pmint

Sounds like it sheared the bolts & locked it up. Give me a call Patti, 714-356-7845. I'll be glad to help you. Ray.

Comment

I knew it wouldn't be long before Ray came to the rescue. Always willing to share his knowledge. Good on you Ray.

Comment

Ray, just called you and left a message.
        pmint

Comment

Ray,
          Thank you dearly for all the help you are to me on this project...
          Motion pro has one for abt. $38.99. Bob will take me to the Suzuki place in Cottonwood tomorrow. I'll also need gaskets, etc...
          I'm not too impressed with this Suzuki dealership, tho.

But, as usual, you have been so kind... If you & your wife ever get out this way give me a holler!
          Thanks again,
          pmint

Comment

Working...
          X