No announcement yet.

I'm a dufuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think a relay mod is over your head. Use a bosch relay. Use your switched wire and bring another to the relay from the battery. A ground to complete the relay coil circuit and a feeder to the radio. a la fog lamps...............
    GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
      I don't think a relay mod is over your head. Use a bosch relay. Use your switched wire and bring another to the relay from the battery. A ground to complete the relay coil circuit and a feeder to the radio. a la fog lamps...............
      http://www.classictruckshop.com/club...h/foglites.htm
      Thanks, that helps a ton.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Hey, I found a relay in my garage that I already had. It has two sides to it, so wired both the radio and the fog lights through it. Ran the one existing constant 12V to the one side for the fog lights. Then I ran a seperate designated fused hot wire directly from the positive post of the battery up the the front of the bike and connected to the one remaining unused wire in the Vetter harness. Connected that to the radio side of the relay. Everything works all at the same time now...radio, signals, fog lights, yada yada. I guess I finally found the right method. Thanks for all the help!
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Then you probably want to tap into switched power closest to the source.. Maybe the coils.. but that would draw from the coils... Maybe at the fuse block... Maybe the tail lamp right there at the battery... Lots of options, but what it comes down to more than anything is that all of your connections are clean. Radio or not, if they arent, you may be only getting what you're seeing ANYWHERE on the bike... and thats not good..
          +1 In the fairing Steve brought me there are 2 extra unused pass through wires. I ran my switched through one of the extra wires and ran it straight to an unused fuse slot. The only thing my igition does now is close the relay to power the fuse box. I really didn't like the idea of running all of the bikes power draws through the ignition switch.

Comment

Working...
          X