new left handlebar switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new left handlebar switch

Got a new left handlebar switch for the 450 I think I have everything figured out as far as hooking up wires (new one has different colors than bike). Except the new switch doesn't have a on/off for the lights. Do I just connect the two wires together that go to that part of the old switch that turned lights off/on, so lights are on all the time with key on? Don't want any problems with this wiring harness I just replaced. terrylee

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
    Got a new left handlebar switch for the 450 I think I have everything figured out as far as hooking up wires (new one has different colors than bike). Except the new switch doesn't have a on/off for the lights. Do I just connect the two wires together that go to that part of the old switch that turned lights off/on, so lights are on all the time with key on? Don't want any problems with this wiring harness I just replaced. terrylee
    Yep, just find the right wires. Have you already bypassed that stator wire that used to travel to the old switch? You probably did this if you worked on your charging system.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes already took care of that, and I have the wiring diagram so I know which ones go to on/off part of switch. Thanks for confirming what I was pretty sure was right. terrylee

Comment

Working...
      X