no lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no lights

ok so i have a 80 GS850L i took the battery out to charge. put it back in and no power anywhere. finally after jiggling some wires i got nuetral saftey light and oil light. but no head tail or blinkers all fuses are good? another thing key switch positions i only get dash lights in center position help please

Originally posted by yotaman423 View Post
    ok so i have a 80 GS850L i took the battery out to charge. put it back in and no power anywhere. finally after jiggling some wires i got nuetral saftey light and oil light. but no head tail or blinkers all fuses are good? another thing key switch positions i only get dash lights in center position help please
    Center position on the key switch is "start" gauge lights should be on as should all other lights. Now, rather than just "jiggling wires", make sure all the bullet connectors are clean and connected, make sure the all the ground wires are well cleaned and connected and all the wires are connected in the right places on your battery (I have forgotten to hook up a wire on the battery before).

Key switch position: full left is "lock" with the bars turned to the left lock, 10 o'clock position is "off, not locked, 12 o'clock is "on", and 2 o'clock is "lock" with tailights illuminated for parking and running down the battery.

Comment

Also, don't trust just looking at the fuses to say they are good. I learned the hard way last week that my ignition fuse LOOKED just fine but nothing wanted to start. Once I put the power light to it, nada/zilch/nope. Turned out it probably blew under the end caps.

In the end, test every fuse with your power light and make sure they are all good. THat is if you haven't already.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

yotoman,

What test equipment do you have?
        Test light/probe?
        Multimeter?
        Or just visual inspection and wiggling wires?

THings were okay before you took battery out and put back?
        Or was there a problem and that is why you took out the battery?

In addition to wiggling wires, try wiggling the the ignition key, and maybe the connector on back of ignition switch. Try wiggling wires right at the fuse box also.

Tell us more what you find.

Last edited by Redman; 10-22-2010, 02:44 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

i will check it out more when i get home. i hawv a multimeter not much knoweldge on how to use it properly though. it does not help that im color blind either lol ill let you know what i find. im having the tank and covers painted when it get to cold to ride so i plan some good ole cleaning and maintance at that time. turns out my neighbor is a excellent and cheap paint and body guy

Comment

loose fuse problem solved thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
            X