Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bad - GS750

Hi all,

I made a mistake (now I know) and put a high output charger on my 1978 GS750. The bike was running OK, but now has no spark on any cylinder.

I have a Dyna S ignition, and will do a check soon to see if it's pulsing properly. The red wire and the coils have 12v. It only has 1 fuse and that looks fine.

I've trickle charged the battery for close to 24 hours and it's reading 11.3 volts, so that may be shot.

My question - is there any other component that I might have fried?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

- Mark

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. dogmotor,

It does sound like you need a new battery. Don't the Dyna-S systems have a signal generator or igniter? That may be toast. I don't have any direct experience with the Dyna-S but there are some troubleshooting tips on my little website in the Electrical Odd and Ends section. For now, let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X