Oil indicator intermittent, hi beam not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil indicator intermittent, hi beam not working

Having some issues with my oil light and high beam indicator.
    when key in start position but engine off, "dummy lights" come on. My kickstand and neutral light work all the time, but my oil indicator only comes on sometimes (i know it doesn't come on while running unless problem, but it should be on with engine off). Additionally ,hi beam indicator does not work, but light works fine. Does anyone know what these problems could be? Maybe not related? Just bad connections? I did so poking with my wiring guide, but more may be in order soon

Probably a poor connection somewhere. All these lights connect to rest of the wiring harness under the tank, and the connectors there may be dirty. That would be the first place I'd look.

Comment

I'm with CB on this. I had the same problem and it turned out to be the big square connector under the tank. When the male part of the connector was pushed into the female part it actually pushed a couple of the terminals back out of the female portion. This meant there was limited metal to metal contact between the terminals. The small/narrow brass spade terminals have a strip of the metal bent out to lock behind a plastic nodule in the connector, if this wears away or is damaged in any way that terminal will push out of the connector when the two halves are pushed together.

There should be two lots of wiring covered in plastic sheath coming from the instrument panel to the "under tank area", just follow these down after removing the tank and check out the connectors for what I have explained, or corrosion, etc.

Hope this all makes sense.

Comment

Sounds reasonable guys, I'll take a looksie under the tank. Unfortunately, the GS is my only vehicle, so i have to find a time when i don't need to go anywhere before i can take the tank off.

Comment

Working...
        X