No announcement yet.

At a loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redman I love and I mean that a good way I went back into the headlight shell and noticed the ground wire (black & white) was short out and I'm like WTF so I look over for all ground wires and I forgot to mention I broke my left rear turn signal a few days ago clean off the frame and the ground ring snapped off I saw so I regrounded the wire and everything works now

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Redman I love and I mean that a good way I went back into the headlight shell and noticed the ground wire (black & white) was short out and I'm like WTF so I look over for all ground wires and I forgot to mention I broke my left rear turn signal a few days ago clean off the frame and the ground ring snapped off I saw so I regrounded the wire and everything works now
      Good to hear of your sucsess.

One thing:
      Ground ring snapped off, you say.
      You refereing to a ground ring on the bike frame back by the battery?
      Or are you refereing to the ground ring at the t/signal?
      That ground ring and wire at t/signal should be connected to the other black/white wires in the headlight shell.
      If you ground that t/signal black/white wire (or headlight black/white wire)by connecting it to the headlight bucket or something on the front end, that is not really a good ground return path to battery negitive because it has to go through the steering head bearings to get to the frame or battery negitive.

Another thing:
      All those black/white wires in the headlight shell should be connected together and connected to the back/white wire in wireing harnes. And that black/white wire through the wirning harness to the bike and comes out of the harness and connect to battery negitive and frame ground.
      So, yah, SHOULD be "shorted", "Shorted" meaning "short circuit to ground".
      Or maybe by 'shorted', you just meant any type of problem like bing disconnected.

Yet another thing:
      Thanks for the appreciation (I gather that is what sort of love you were refereing to).

Dave
      Last edited by Redman; 01-03-2011, 10:47 PM.
      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Yes that was what I meant and it was the ground ring at the turn signal and I recrimped a ring to the wire and used one of the bolts on the frame to secure it down and I cut the harness back to fix the b/w wire in the headlight shell with new wire.

Comment

Working...
        X