Pleasant surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleasant surprise

While tearing down my engine for a new gasket set, cleaning and painting I received a pleasant surprise when I removed the right cover. Somewhere along the line a PO installed a Dyna S unit. That will save me a few bucks.

Wish someone had done that to my sons' 79 850, I loved to upgrade but can't afford right now. So tired of worrying about points. terrylee

Comment

Get the Dyna Green coils and 8mm wires to match. I never realized just how lame the stock coils are until I changed mine last week.
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
        Wish someone had done that to my sons' 79 850, I loved to upgrade but can't afford right now. So tired of worrying about points. terrylee
        There's nothing wrong with the points as such, my current set have been on the bike for almost 20K miles. They need to have a little cam lube as part of your regular oil change. I have a new dyna I bought 2-4 years ago still in the box. I will use it when I put the GS1000 motor in my 850

Comment

Working...
        X