Simple, but I can't find it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple, but I can't find it

Very simple question I need a hand with. Does anyone know what the tail/brake light bulb would be for an 84 GS750E? My bike came without one in, and the only info I can find in my manual is that it should be an 8/32 watt. Should this be a normal 1157 bulb?

Help is appreciated.

Yes, an 1157 is correct.

Comment

Cheers, thanks!

Comment

Hi,

The stock bulb is a Stanley 1034, but a generic 1157 should work just fine.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks, just wanting to confirm. I had a spare 1157 that I put in to try last night. I turned the key but did not start the bike, the headlight came on with the key turned but no tail light. When I hit the brake, the brake light would light up though.

I can't be sure the spare bulb I have is not burnt (it looks fine to me though, but bugger its sometimes hard to tell), so I'll pick up a new one tomorrow to try.

I would think the tail light should come on with the key turned, but maybe not? Some bikes I have they do, others they don't. Unfortunately its far too cold out right now to fight with trying to start the bike. I just at least want to make SURE I have the right bulb and that it is a NEW bulb to start with.

Comment

I wanna say the brake light lights up when I kick or crank the bike? I migjht be wrong. I'm new to my GS.

Comment

Light should come on when you turn the key on.

Comment

Working...
              X