No announcement yet.

My bike is dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have a car, but the price of repair I'd be better of just driving my car and absorbing that fuel cost.

Comment

Maybe but look at the fun and experience you might gain from the rebuild. And again, it might not turn out all that bad. But, it still depends on how much you really liked the bike.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I like rebuilding but there will be no way for me to do it myself starting monday to get it done in a timely manner.

Comment

Keep your head up. The GSR is pulling for ya. Maybe we can find you a very reasonably priced engine that would only be a 'plug and play' situation.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
            Keep your head up. The GSR is pulling for ya. Maybe we can find you a very reasonably priced engine that would only be a 'plug and play' situation.
            Isn't that pretty hard considering its a tariff beater?

I looked for my dynamo today but I couldn't find it so theres a big set back in blowing it up with det cord.

Comment

Give me a call.

Comment

Originally posted by El Giablo View Post
                Give me a call.
                You has dynamo for Ranger?
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                  You has dynamo for Ranger?
                  Haha.

That would be nice. Do you have any insight on an engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                    Haha.

That would be nice. Do you have any insight on an engine
                    Me? Sorry. No idea where to find one. I was hoping that's what El Giablo wants to talk to you about.
                    Dogma
                    --
                    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                      Me? Sorry. No idea where to find one. I was hoping that's what El Giablo wants to talk to you about.
                      Probably, I doubt its for a ride

Comment

Probably, I doubt its for a ride
                        Looks for a 1st Gen GSXR 750 motor

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          Looks for a 1st Gen GSXR 750 motor

Would it even work? You gotta remember I'm not so great with a 26 year old wiring harness thats colors have faded! Plug and play... plug and play unless you want in on the action of swapping haha.

GSXR Motor = $500-900?

Comment

Looks like my bike may live.

Going next week to look at a 84 750 with complete engine and good body work.

Hmmm..

Comment

Would it even work? You gotta remember I'm not so great with a 26 year old wiring harness thats colors have faded! Plug and play... plug and play unless you want in on the action of swapping haha.

GSXR Motor = $500-900?
                              Yea I'm pretty sure it will fit. Probably need some motor mounts fabed though. Price will depend but that range is probaly right.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                                Yea I'm pretty sure it will fit. Probably need some motor mounts fabed though. Price will depend but that range is probaly right.
                                Theres a full bike a 84 750 I'm gonna look at next weekend, $250 for it so I'm gonna attempt to swap over what I can. It has nicer forks with new springs. It'll probably take me til mid summer to get it done if I can do it myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X