sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

A similar thing happend to me last night, was drivin at night sitting at a light and all the sudden my headlight dimmed and I thought it blew, but whn I put my hand in front of the light it was still on, I drove the rest of the waay home and when I put my sidestand down they went bright again.

Today I went under the seat to check the ground wires and noticed acid corrosion on the battery and frame by the battery vent so its boiling over, think its my rr gone bad?

Comment

Originally posted by gothera View Post
        A similar thing happend to me last night, was drivin at night sitting at a light and all the sudden my headlight dimmed and I thought it blew, but whn I put my hand in front of the light it was still on, I drove the rest of the waay home and when I put my sidestand down they went bright again.

Today I went under the seat to check the ground wires and noticed acid corrosion on the battery and frame by the battery vent so its boiling over, think its my rr gone bad?
        Yes.

You should test your entire charging system. Go through the Stator Papers and Mr. posplayr's supplememtal material. Clean your wiring harness.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I have had the same fluctuation of brightness in the headlight. On occasion, work on repairing grounds RR to battery and battery to frame cured it. Last time it didn't cure it. Probably the bike was suffering from impending doom within the charging widgets. I don't know. The owner I was helping sold it, and it wasn't the bike we were fixing any way. It was just an old bike there to give up its best bits (shocks, tires, seat, mirrros, etc.) to its replacement bike before it was to be sold.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Black Knight, check out my thread. Your problem sounds similar to what I had. Check the wires off your regulator. Mine had gotter hot enough to melt at the connections.

Brad bk

Comment

Working...
            X