Cycle Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycle Electric

I have ordered a cycle electric CE-601 hoping to put my electrical problems to rest, allowing me to focus on some of the bikes other issues.

I'll let you know how it goes.

What's a Cycle Electric CE-601?

My guess is some sort of flux capacitor or maybe a quantum thneed.

Let us know how it goes. Depending on the energies involved, you may want to inform your next of kin before entering the garage. Hate to accidentally cross up the tantalum leads and open a rip in space-time.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      What's a Cycle Electric CE-601?

My guess is some sort of flux capacitor or maybe a quantum thneed.
      No. It's nothing as ridiculous as that, although it does involve a couple of Holtzman field portals and some paddle wheels. I am hoping to create a source of infinite energy, using the detailed schematics I found on this website:

I have solved the problems of power bills by sewing 11.5 rare earth magnets to a cast iron fry pan and placing it gently on my hydro-meter. Which is actually just a back should my design fail.

Comment

Hi,

Check out this thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=152769

If you're looking for a regulator/rectifier solution, the best "bang for your buck" is one of Mr. duaneage's Honda r/r upgrade kits. If you want to spend more money, get the series r/r unit from Compufire.

And make sure every electrical connection and ground on the entire bike is clean.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks, the ce-601 is a series r/r slightly less expensive and a lot easier to find here than the compufire.

I just hope it can handle the infinite energy!

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
            Thanks, the ce-601 is a series r/r slightly less expensive and a lot easier to find here than the compufire.

When I spoke with Cycle Electic , I got the number of the guy that designed it. He was confident the 600 series of series R/R's was a very robust design and he was able to convince me of the same.

Comment

I'll bet Bradley McPherson is really pi$$ed. Or dually pi$$ed.
              1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
              1983 GS 1100 G
              2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
              2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
              1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

I have ordered a cycle electric CE-601 hoping to put my electrical problems to rest, allowing me to focus on some of the bikes other issues.

I'll let you know how it goes.
                I installed one of theirs last summer. It works great. But then, I cleaned all my connections (especially grounds), protected them with dielectric grease, replaced the broken (!) fuse box, eliminated all the connectors I thought I reasonably could, soldered the remaining connectors (because 3 crimps came apart in my hands last year, 1 installed by a pro), 15A fused wire from R/R out to battery positive, and what else... oh yeah, I replaced the shorted stator that tested OK at the rally.

That's all it should take. The nice thing about the series regulator is it won't fry your stator if you don't have clean connections everywhere. You'll just have a dead battery.

I think you'll be the first to install on of these on an E. Where do you plan to put it?
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                  I'll bet Bradley McPherson is really pi$$ed. Or dually pi$$ed.

When I read that I snorted out loud laughing Good thing I wasnt drinking something.....I woulda spewed.

"I instead told everyone at school that Bradley's mum had told my mum that he had been born with both a pen!s and a vag!na and had to wear special underpants to keep the two separated."
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I have been through the entire harness and replaced much of the wiring with 16, 14, 12 awg wire and have soldered many of the connections, the ones that were simply cleaned were sealed with ILSCO DE-OX.

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                    I think you'll be the first to install on of these on an E. Where do you plan to put it?
                    There's quite a bit of void space on the ef under all the plastic. At this point I a considering the void between the battery and the rear fender liner. There is a bit of concern for the lack of air flow in that area.

I will be sure to document the installation

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                      Yea it is way too big for the electric side mounting plate unless he removes something from it. Under battery box is probbaly the best option assuming it will fit there.

Worst comes to worse it should fit somewhere on the battery box when the air box is out.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        Yea it is way too big for the electric side mounting plate unless he removes something from it. Under battery box is probbaly the best option assuming it will fit there.

Worst comes to worse it should fit somewhere on the battery box when the air box is out.
                        If it comes to it I'll move it up to the nose and run some #6 back to the battery

Comment

OK, very cool. How much cheaper?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

How did you hear about this working on the GS's? I'm very interested in this regulator. Why the ce-601? I looked for specs, but none are given. Have not made the phone call yet. My other choice is the compu-fire 55402 as posted in other threads. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mforbes View Post
                              How did you hear about this working on the GS's? I'm very interested in this regulator. Why the ce-601? I looked for specs, but none are given. Have not made the phone call yet. My other choice is the compu-fire 55402 as posted in other threads. Thanks, Mike
                              It's mentioned in one of posplayr threads, it has the same stated application as the 55402.

basscliff,

it was about $25 cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X