Cycle Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
    It's mentioned in one of posplayr threads, it has the same stated application as the 55402.

basscliff,

it was about $25 cheaper.
    If the CE-600 series (any one of them) R/R will fit it will work the same way as the Compufire 55402 R/R.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      If the CE-600 series (any one of them) R/R will fit it will work the same way as the Compufire 55402 R/R.

Thanks posplayr and bluewool for the info on both units. I am going to get either the compufire or the CE-601 for my GS1100G. I'll post pictures on the install. I already cleaned up the harness on the bike. Put in the coil relay and added a headlight relay.

Comment

Originally posted by mforbes View Post
        Thanks posplayr and bluewool for the info on both units. I am going to get either the compufire or the CE-601 for my GS1100G. I'll post pictures on the install. I already cleaned up the harness on the bike. Put in the coil relay and added a headlight relay.
        Here's my install on the '80 1000G. Something very similar should work on the 11.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by mforbes View Post
          amazon listing the Compufire at $185; I did the only review

mawonline lists the CE-601 at $158.38
          DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.
          Last edited by posplayr; 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
            Here's my install on the '80 1000G. Something very similar should work on the 11.
            Thanks for posting the link Dogma. I hadn't found that thread in my searches, it's nice to see a successful install.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              In other words, the CE-600 is physically bigger than the Compufire. And both are bigger than a stock R/R, so those installing these will need to sort out a way to mount the R/R. Correct?
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                In other words, the CE-600 is physically bigger than the Compufire. And both are bigger than a stock R/R, so those installing these will need to sort out a way to mount the R/R. Correct?
                With minor modification of my side plate I got the compufire to fit my ED.

Here it is mounted. Took a little work but not bad if you have a welder. The unit is 3.75" x 2 1/2" but the bolt spacing is different to the GS bikes. It is very nice quality and charges well according to all the claims.

The CycleElectric is at least another 50% larger (IIRC 6-7" wide) and seems to only fit in the space under a battery box.
                Last edited by posplayr; 01-25-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=posplayr;1345725]With minor modification of my side plate I got the compufire to fit my ED.

I have the Shaft model and it looks like either the Compufire or the CE-601 will fit nicely under my battery box on the GS1100 G. I have a lot of open space there. My box is clean too with no rust. Actually the whole bike is in nice shape as its been garage kept throughout its life. Looking forward to the warmer weather. Posplayr, thanks for the info on the temp gauge. I have a spot on my fairing for that too along with my voltage gauge.

Comment

Nothing is going under the battery box on the EF due to suspension clearance issues.
                    Nor will it fit easily behind the battery box.
                    Things will ended up being shuffled around, which isn't a big deal.
                    I won't have time to get to it this weekend but, I WILL get into it next week. Some comparison photos for scale will be posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X