1985 GS700e key numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS700e key numbers

Hi Guys, I'm trying to order a new key blank on ebay but I need the letters proceeding the numbers (sample- one letter followed by five numbers I think) on an original key. Can anyone give me these please. Thanks, Rick

All my original keys have T.R in a circle with 3 numbers underneth.You can get them precut on ebay with the 3 digit code.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
      All my original keys have T.R in a circle with 3 numbers underneth.You can get them precut on ebay with the 3 digit code.
      Thanks sv, I don't think I have a set of numbered keys. I wonder if the USA bikes have the same key number configuration as yours.

Anybody in the states?

Regards, Rick

Comment

If you have keys already just buy the blanks then take them to a locksmith or any place that cuts keys and have them cut them for you. My keys have TR and the 3 digit code.

Comment

Here's the guy I was thinking of http://cgi.ebay.ca/SUZUKI-NOS-KEY-GS...item2560bc7d2b .

Comment

This is where I got my blanks from.

And the Suzuki page.

You need the 4P blank, $7.00.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              This is where I got my blanks from.

And the Suzuki page.

You need the 4P blank, $7.00.
              Thank you, thank you both

Comment

Originally posted by rkj2002 View Post
                Thank you, thank you both
                I just noticed on my ignition switch, it does not have any numbers on the face bezel, are the numbers anywhere on any of the locks, and do you have to take them out to see them? One of those ebay guys will send you a numbered cut key if I can just get the numbers. I don't have any of the original keys...

Thanks, Rick

Comment

I just noticed on my ignition switch, it does not have any numbers on the face bezel, are the numbers anywhere on any of the locks, and do you have to take them out to see them? One of those ebay guys will send you a numbered cut key if I can just get the numbers. I don't have any of the original keys...

Thanks, Rick
                  It's stamped on the bottom of the front edge of the switch. That said, you can buy two blanks for what one cut key cost. I believe the locksmith I went to charged about $1.50 each to cut them. I was going to go the cut route but he didn't have my numbers then I found the guy with blanks.

Comment

It's stamped on the bottom of the front edge of the switch. That said, you can buy two blanks for what one cut key cost. I believe the locksmith I went to charged about $1.50 each to cut them. I was going to go the cut route but he didn't have my numbers then I found the guy with blanks.
                    Can I see this without taking the switch out? I found a great guy that will cut it for free I think, if not I can go to my locksmith and he'll do it too.

Thanks, Billy

Comment

Can I see this without taking the switch out? I found a great guy that will cut it for free I think, if not I can go to my locksmith and he'll do it too.

Thanks, Billy
                      I think you can. With the GSXR gauges I run I can see mine easily. The numbers are right in the middle of the switch, down low on the front side. You'll need a flashlight and maybe even a magnifying glass if you have weak eyes. You may have to pull your gauges to see the number. They'll be just above the headlight.

Comment

A guy i knew back in the day had an '83 es too. His key that was a different number than mine would work in mine but my key would not work in his.... I have some old keys here i'd send you if they are the correct number.
                        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I think you can. With the GSXR gauges I run I can see mine easily. The numbers are right in the middle of the switch, down low on the front side. You'll need a flashlight and maybe even a magnifying glass if you have weak eyes. You may have to pull your gauges to see the number. They'll be just above the headlight.
                          Thanks Billy, I'll check it out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                            A guy i knew back in the day had an '83 es too. His key that was a different number than mine would work in mine but my key would not work in his.... I have some old keys here i'd send you if they are the correct number.
                            Thank you for the offer, I'll check that number tomorrow

Comment

Thanks Billy, I'll check it out tomorrow
                              If you can't see it with things in the way you may be able to drop the headlight bucket instead of the gauges. You'll just have to see what it takes to see the front of the switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X