A little ground wire help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little ground wire help

Doing some wire harness rehab over the winter months on the '80 GS 1100E but am having a little trouble remembering where the ground connections go, the two that are off of the harness and the two ring connections that go with the connection for the negative battery terminal. I have the wiring diagram courtesy of the awesome BikeCliff website, but it doesn't have the placements of the ring connectors. Any help is appreciated!

not sure about the 1100, but i think the 750's ground right under the carbs right next to where the clutch cable connects

Comment

Originally posted by blackout_GS1100 View Post
      Doing some wire harness rehab over the winter months on the '80 GS 1100E but am having a little trouble remembering where the ground connections go, the two that are off of the harness and the two ring connections that go with the connection for the negative battery terminal. I have the wiring diagram courtesy of the awesome BikeCliff website, but it doesn't have the placements of the ring connectors. Any help is appreciated!
      That detail is shown in the shop manual (at the end where all harness routings are shown) also avaliable for download from Cliff's website. Normally one goes to the battery box to pickup grounds from the ignitor. The second ges to the side plate (under the solenoid mount) to pickup the side plate ground. Check out my thread on Charging System Health to improve those grounds else you can end up with cooked R/R and Stator.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. blackout_GS1100,

Here you are with 16 posts and I have yet to welcome you properly. Let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X