GS 650 GL Wiring Harness Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 650 GL Wiring Harness Problems

This bike i recently purchased from a guy that wanted to chop it up and put a harley motor on. I refuse to allow someone to destroy this bike. I will put up pictures in a lil while when it decides to quit snowing here. The bike is an 82 GS650GL. I need the full wiring diagram for the bike or either someone to offer me a harness for a good price. I am currently watching one on ebay. The person i got it from cut the harness completely in two at the headlight. I tried to just splice the wires back in to discover that not only was it cut but other portions of the harness were also destroyed. I also am needing a tank. Any one with help would be a greatly appreciated.

Nice to see you started your own thread, welcome again.
    You never said what model your bike is, but no matter, here are two.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...81GS650GLX.Jpg

Straight from Basscliff's website, he should be along shortly to welcome you.

Comment

the bike is an 82 gs650gl idk if it is an x or whatever. but here is a picture of when i bought it. minus the harley tank he had on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylesj6033 View Post
        the bike is an 82 gs650gl idk if it is an x or whatever.
        Guessing on the meaning of "idk" (we tend to use ALL the keys on our keyboards) and thinking that it's "I don't know",
        if the bike is, indeed an '82, it would be a "Z". Full designation: GS650GLZ

By the way, the "Z" means it's an '82 so calling it a 1982 GS650GLZ is redundant.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm glad to see the people on this forum respond quickly. It makes a broke down bike not so much of a problem. I can't wait to hear it run. Just hope the charging system is not out. I will rewire almost all of it tonight if not all of It. I want see this run down old bike back in good shape. I will give it a classy original paint job.

Comment

Sorry if I tend to use shortcuts while typing. I'm on my cell phone so it makes it faster.

Comment

only faster if you know what it all means otherwise has the opposite effect for those trying to help ya

Comment

Originally posted by sparki View Post
                only faster if you know what it all means otherwise has the opposite effect for those trying to help ya
                There are several of us on here that are old enough to not know all the "texting" shortcuts.

We are also smart enough to ignore stuff we don't understand.

That means that if we can't understand your question, we'll just ignore it and move on.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That means that if we can't understand your question, we'll just ignore it and move on.

.[/QUOTE]

Imo, lol

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Kylesj6033,

Here's a few clickys for you...

Model Information

For Sale - Parts, Misc.

Wanted - Parts, Misc.

If you can't find a tank among the forum members, Ebay is probably your best bet. That's where I found mine. Let me share some more GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I'm glad to see everyone here has information. That definitely helps along this rebuild. I haven't had time to work on the bike to rewire it yet due to the snow we had in south this week. I will resume progress next week. Good news tho I bought a tank on eBay I will post picture of it when I get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X