wats positive and negative wires on a 1982 gs1100 coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I yanked out the coil wires on my 1982 gs1100e today and forgot to mark them. My question is how are the wires suppose to be wired . Any order like 1 and 4 which is positive and negative and 2 and 3 which wire is positive and negative? thanks

If I remember right the two orange with white stripes are the 12vdc wires.

You can find a wire diagram on Cliffs site...

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by racer1150 View Post
      So I yanked out the coil wires on my 1982 gs1100e today and forgot to mark them. My question is how are the wires suppose to be wired . Any order like 1 and 4 which is positive and negative and 2 and 3 which wire is positive and negative? thanks
      Watts are always positive

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

Watts are always positive
        LOL
        Dude be nice
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi,

The orange/white wires are positive. If I remember correctly, the white wire is ground for the left coils and the black/yellow is ground for the right coil. The left coil feeds plugs 1 and 4. The right coil feeds plugs 2 and 3.

Please check your manual to be absolutely certain.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks fellaS

thanks fellas, btw i do have the genuine suzuki shop manual..what page is this information on? i looked at the electrical section but only shows how to test and ohm readings, never which coil is to which and or which is + or -

Comment

The O/W wire feeds positive to both coils. Check it with the ignition on. It's always hot with the kill switch on run.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X