82 gs650l noise from batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    LOL, I just want to know why it's there.
    If you find out what it's connected to, it would be a clue.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

This is exciting, it could be anything!!! Maybe it'll be some ingenious mod that we'll all end up doing!!!

Comment

It's a time delay for a bomb? j/k Probably a noise maker to remind you to turn off the ignition and remove the key, because the po couldn't remember to do that naturally.

Comment

What strikes me as odd is that its in a OEM bracket. (which is just the right size to hold it too)

If its not stock, what should have been there on a stock bike.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
            What strikes me as odd is that its in a OEM bracket. (which is just the right size to hold it too)

If its not stock, what should have been there on a stock bike.

If I'm reading this wiring harness correctly, nothing did. They just placed three spots in it.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
              It's a time delay for a bomb? j/k Probably a noise maker to remind you to turn off the ignition and remove the key, because the po couldn't remember to do that naturally.
              Yeah, the PO was always leaving the key on! There is a empty space on my 81 bracket also- I was going to put the coil relay here, but I'll wait to find out if this is a better modification!
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I followed the wire. It goes below the chassis and connects to a switch which is operated by a spring which connects to the kickstand. It's. a kickstand indicator. It was stuck on cause the switch is broken. but it does seem like its stock. I'll put pictures up tonight. Thanks for all the thought comments.

edit here are pics

the switch looks like a spark plug
                Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X