Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signal ground?

Hey guys,

I've been working on my GS400e for most of today, as it has been warm enough to pull it out of the garage. I'm trying to get the signals working again, as they haven't functioned since I bought the bike last fall.

I have found this:

Which runs back to these two black and white wires:

Is this a ground for the signals? If so, where do I connect it? It's just loose in here with no real ideal connection.

I should also add that I have no brake indication or signal function. The tail light is on, but does not indicate when I am braking. The headlamp functions perfectly.

Comment

It certainly looks like a ground with a connector like that and the black/white wires, but to be sure get a hold of the manual on BassCliff's site and check with the wiring diagram, it should show you.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        It certainly looks like a ground with a connector like that and the black/white wires, but to be sure get a hold of the manual on BassCliff's site and check with the wiring diagram, it should show you.
        I've got the manual open, but I can't seem to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

And another thing! I don't even get indication on the panel next to the speedo.

Comment

Originally posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
            And another thing! I don't even get indication on the panel next to the speedo.
            How warm is it there- it barely made it to 20 degrees in Southern Maine today? Anyhow, that eye terminal with yellow insulator looks non stock, so it's possible PO has modified connections for lucky you! Try running a jumper wire from this eye terminal to a good ground ( bare metal ) and see if turn signals now work. Brake lights share ground wire with taillight, so if taillights work, check the connectors under the seat going to tail assembly.
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
              How warm is it there- it barely made it to 20 degrees in Southern Maine today? Anyhow, that eye terminal with yellow insulator looks non stock, so it's possible PO has modified connections for lucky you! Try running a jumper wire from this eye terminal to a good ground ( bare metal ) and see if turn signals now work. Brake lights share ground wire with taillight, so if taillights work, check the connectors under the seat going to tail assembly.
              It got up to 3 degrees here, today, so that's about 37 where you are.

I'm gonna hook it up tomorrow. I'm done in the garage for today... I'll let you all know what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X