Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fuse block

[IMG]
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3ZlXiPCq2A6AktAHkTm504qEoQz8i1K7DPtNm3rcu4w?feat=d irectlink[/IMG]

I just replaced the fuse block on my GS850GL. tell me what you think.

The fuse block was bought at NAPA.

I must admit it is a bit tight, but I have access to all slots and cover comes off easy.

I like it. I am going to be doing the same thing but I think I am going to get one from summit racing.

Comment

Not bad at all.

As long as you have the MAIN circuit always live and the others switched off the key, it will do just fine.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

It looks good. I need to do this to my bike too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I've got my PC-8 from Eastern Beaver sitting on the bench waiting to be installed in my 750. That, along with cleaning up all the connections and doing the coil relay mod should have the electrical system as close to bulletproof as I can get.

Comment

I have Motogadget waiting for the chopper project when it comes time to do the wiring. Its a digital breaker system.

Comment

It's amazing how far electrics have come. Doing homework now and saving postes and pics.

Comment

Cool!

What's that knob thingy in the middle?
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

well it's a 22 dollar block from NAPA, loving it so far. And the "knobby thing" in the middle is the screw that holds the cover on.

I possibly could have gotten something flashy and fancier, but I am working part-time at one job only. So, I got to do something a bit cheap.

Comment

Looks good. Are those little bare pieces of the crimps sticking out the sides? I would heat shrink them, minimize the potential of accidental electron escape.

Comment

Working...
                    X