A123 Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A123 Batteries

I found a vendor for inexpensive A123 cells. Im thinking about putting together a DIY battery pack if this goes well. Or maybe offer a plug and play version for those who dont have a 100 watt iron for the soldering. These cells are supposed to be clean, fresh and factory direct with laser badge and digital scan tag. As I understand, these are the original and still the best manufactured cells of this size and type. Ill try to keep anyone interested in this abreast. Course being China, the time between responses are a bit longer.

Capacitive discharge welding/soldering is supposed to be the way to solder them together.
    If they get to much heat put to them it can damage the cells.
    At least thats what I have read.

Comment

If you have an iron that has adjustable heat and is reliable, soldering is much of an issue. Ive been talking to the guys into the RCs who make their own. All but one or two solder them. Plus, as Im told, its about which solder youre using. Im gonna give these atry as soon as price is sent my way and see. Hes willing (least Im assuming its a he) to add the necessary leads for making this a bike battery so...

Comment

Working...
      X