Solid state bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid state bike

I want to remove everything that isn't essential. I want it dedicated kick-start, simplest ignition possible, so forth and so on. Where to begin?

Also, I'm going to have to conjure up a new wiring harness. I still have most of the gadgetry that came on the bike but the stock harness was all hacked up. Which is fine becuase I would like to rewire everything to different locations anyway. Is there a wiring diagram online that I can hit?

This would be a 1979 GS750E, by the way.

The simplest ignition is the original points type if you are comfortable working with it.
    It would be immune to any voltage spike or whatever from using a simplified charging system. A very tiny battery would be fine with no electronic ignition and no starter.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

This bike was converted to a dyna system...I no longer have the stock parts and I no longer have the coils. What all would I need to get to convert back to an original ignition system?

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
        I want to remove everything that isn't essential. I want it dedicated kick-start, simplest ignition possible, so forth and so on. Where to begin?

Also, I'm going to have to conjure up a new wiring harness. I still have most of the gadgetry that came on the bike but the stock harness was all hacked up. Which is fine becuase I would like to rewire everything to different locations anyway. Is there a wiring diagram online that I can hit?

This would be a 1979 GS750E, by the way.
        I have seen several posts asking for simplified wiring diagrams, I think posplayer came up with a winning diagram.
        I believe the operating words of the forum are "do a search".

If you want to remove everything that is not essential, don't forget the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.

I have also heard that Kehin carbs work better. You have any of those lying around?
        I ride many bikes.
        Some are even Suzukis. :D

Comment

No need to change the coils. Install a 2 ohm ballast resistor in the 12V line to coils..

Comment

Make sure it is a 2 ohm 25 watt resistor, it needs to dissipate a lot of heat
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

This a nice simple wiring diagram. Its one of the ones Im using on my chopper project.

or you may like this one better,

Comment

lol do you have the one on the left in a larger pic you can email to me?

makenzie71@gmail.com

Comment

This is about as big as I could find. No clue where the hardcopy is. I think posting the pic made it smaller for ease of loading. Heres the direct link.

Comment

If you're looking for simple, why bother with the battery at all??? Do away with the battery AND the charging system...

Comment

I got this one here , I just wish I understood electrics. It's my next project, simplify the electrical system.

Comment

Originally posted by sachsaca View Post
                        I got this one here , I just wish I understood electrics. It's my next project, simplify the electrical system.
                        I would make my next project learning to understand electrics.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                        X