Help Want To Buy 1981 GS HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Want To Buy 1981 GS HELP!

I found an 1981 gs850g. It was inpounded, has a title but not key for the ignition. I've been reading that these bikes are tanks and that it probably still turns over. What should i do.

How much are they wanting for it?
    Police impound or Mechanics lien?
    By "Tank" do you mean indestructable... or slow and overweight?

Comment

Buy it if the price is right and you know how to work on bikes.
      Get the key number from the seat lock and have a key made at your local Suzuki store or they are available from Ebay.

Daniel

Comment

The guy want $300.00 i don't currently work on bike but have a buddy that does. By tank i ment indestructable. I was impounded but has a free and clear title.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
          How much are they wanting for it?
          Police impound or Mechanics lien?
          By "Tank" do you mean indestructable... or slow and overweight?
          Well, both are correct...
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

A $300 runner with title is a decent investment. As mentioned the key is no biggy, be sure to check the helmet lock, and seat lock, there may be one "hiding" in either of those instead of the ignition...

Comment

Might even be an "extra key" hidden under a side cover or in the headlight bucket.

Comment

Got pictures ?? If it runs, is in decent condition, ie. seat, plastics and has a title that can be put into your name.....$300 is a pretty good deal.
                Larry D
                1980 GS450S
                1981 GS450S
                2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Buddy

Originally posted by rookie77 View Post
                  The guy want $300.00 i don't currently work on bike but have a buddy that does. By tank i ment indestructable. I was impounded but has a free and clear title.
                  It sounds like your buddy is going to be expected to do the work so it would be a good idea to see what he thinks about the whole deal.
                  1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

thanks for all the replys i think it sounds like worst case i can part the bike if needed.. Hopefully i will be a gs owner shortly

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Rookie77,

Well, I think you know what my answer would be. Let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

Comment

Working...
                      X