okay, got a strange turn signal issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, got a strange turn signal issue

So, I got a strange turn signal issue. Everyone ready?

When I hooked up the battery to the bike up recently, I tested the switches and lo' and behold the left turn signal came on but didn't blink. If I tapped in the relay switch the light will blink everytime I tap it.

I then started the bike a few days later, I Started the bike and engine running, I test the turn signal again, and it now worked.

Any ideas what's going on?

You need to ride it a long way.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

well the last time it did this, it didn't work for over 70 miles, then a 200 mile round trip ride a month later it worked just fine.

Any Ideas?

Comment

on my GS if the battery was not fully charged (or weak / needed to be replaced) the left turn signal would not blink on just the battery alone, but when the bike was running it would blink. If the battery was fully charged it worked just fine whether the motor was running or not. I'd suggest check the battery, and if not that, check for a good ground to the left turn signal.
        Ken

Comment

I had this problem, i believe it was an earth on one of the rear tail lights.

Comment

Originally posted by KRyder13 View Post
            on my GS if the battery was not fully charged (or weak / needed to be replaced) the left turn signal would not blink on just the battery alone, but when the bike was running it would blink. If the battery was fully charged it worked just fine whether the motor was running or not. I'd suggest check the battery, and if not that, check for a good ground to the left turn signal.
            Ken
            A battery that is not 100% will cause this issue with bike not running also check and clean all wiring connections to the signals, along with checking and cleaning the grounds.
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

good to know as mine does the same thing

Comment

Working...
              X