GS750 Connector identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Connector identification

Tore the engine and electrical down on the GS this winter. Had things apart for longer than anticipated and have managed to forget a few things. Most f the non-essentials have been stripped from the harness, just have a few questions to confirm compared to what I'm looking at on my wiring schematic.

Bike is an '82 GS750EZ.

1:
    6 pin plug + blue wire bullet, comes from the left side crankcase. Is this the neutral and gear position indicator wiring?

2:
    Yellow with green bullet. Is this for the clutch switch?

3:
    Same as #2, but out of the headlight bucket.

4:
    From the fuse box. This just goes to + on battery, correct?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have your particular service manual so this is general until i look at it closely on bassclif's site for your manual

1 yes neutral and gear position,

2, starter solenoid, connects to clutch safety switch or start switch depending on what non-essentials you have removed. (ie clutch safety switch)

3 not sure, too many possibilities. maybe connect everything on the floor and see whats left.

4 Seems like it connects to the battery pos or the batt side of the solenoid
    hard to tell with the picture. I'm just going on the color, type of connector and that it appears to lead into your fusebox.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by Mekanix; 03-13-2011, 10:50 PM.
    Stephen.
    1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
    1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
    Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
    GS twin wiki

Comment

Thanks.

#1 goes in the garbage.

#2 thinking this must be non-essential.

#3 I don't have anything left to go to that. I removed everything that I wasn't using, it's of course possible I made a mistake. Finding too many options that it could be.

#4 Schematic says positive terminal, should be good to go on that.

Will be close to the point of starting soon, hopefully I have everything in it's right place.

Comment

#2 you will need in order to activate the starter solenoid
        I just meant that originally it would go to the clutch switch and then to the start button. but I'm guessing that you might wire that directly to the start button
        Stephen.
        1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
        1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
        Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
        GS twin wiki

Comment

Working...
        X