Installing a mini speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a mini speedometer

How do I install a mini speedo on my 78 gs750? Too many wires on the new mini to plug and play. Or is there a way to make it work. There is a + and - wire for the oil, turn signals, bright, neurtral indicator lights.

Above is the mini speedometer that I hope to install.

scudder

+1 on this. I'm looking into the same speedo. I was kind of figuring that I needed to bust out the Haynes manual & go wire for wire.

Nick

Comment

That's the way to do it. Wire for wire. The grounds can be shared (to an extent) but the turn signal indicator can give you fits. It uses one led for left and right signals so it can make all four lights go off at once.

And just fyi: the background lighting on that is insanely bright blue.

Comment

Oops. One more thing. That's not the correct drive ratio for Suzuki's. 2:1 is for a Harley.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
          Oops. One more thing. That's not the correct drive ratio for Suzuki's. 2:1 is for a Harley.
          What is the right ratio?

Comment

Its something like 1740:60 or something....... check out the speedos at www.mikesxs.com, or www.dimecitycycles.com

To my knowledge, all metric bikes use the same speedo ratio.

Comment

Hi,

tach = 4:1
              speedo = 2240:60

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I had the 40:60 part right at least........

Thank you sir. Just curious, is there any rhyme or reason to the tach ratios on Suzukis? Between models, decades, engine size, etc?

Comment

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the GS line used 4:1 tachs. Other makes and models used different ratios. I think Kawasaki and Yamaha use 5:1.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                  X