Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants Epoxylite 7001? (stator repair)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants Epoxylite 7001? (stator repair)

So, I'm planning to repair a stator and after much research decided to try to get EpoxyLite Insulation Spray 7001 in either white or green. The only thing is that it seems to only be available wholesale. The least expensive supplier I could find will sell a minimum of $75 (wholesale). Each can is $14 plus shipping. Who wants in?!

I think white is a better color, because if the insulation cracks or anything, it should be easier to locate faults. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? BTW, i have a sales tax ID so I can get it wholesale.

The company I plan to buy from is EIS, Inc. Sales contact is 888-867-1009.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM. Reason: adding company name

Nice Bike. I am looking at one tomorrow. Have you checked out the local motor winder or repair shop? In my experience they're pretty generous with "samples" as they use literally tonnes of it a year.
    When I did mine last year they gave me the transformer wire, and suggest using slightly thinned(the acetone ratio is on their site) jbweld as the insulating(technically it's just to mechanically support/secure the windings--- they're already insulated) epoxy (that's what they use on their rush jobs that they don't have time to bake in the kiln)
    I wouldn't worry too much about the colour if you do buy the spray 1 it's going to end up brown in the oil, 2. current leaks have a way of making their location known. 3. You should be testing it with a megohm meter for failure not a visual inspection.

so. No at $75 a can I am out!!

again. nice bike.

Comment

pm sent. LMK.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
        No at $75 a can I am out!!

again. nice bike.
        hey BW,
        It's $14 per can. Have to order 6 cans from the distributor ($75 min). Another distributor had it for $19 per can.
        MB

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
          Nice Bike.

again. nice bike.
          THANKS! I love Flo.

Comment

Originally posted by motorcyclebaby View Post
            hey BW,
            It's $14 per can. Have to order 6 cans from the distributor ($75 min). Another distributor had it for $19 per can.
            MB

I must focus on reading for understanding, rather than exasperation.

Comment

lol, BW

UPDATE on Epoxylite order: Even though it's $14 per can for green (white is actually $16), shipping plus hazmat fee comes to $48! That comes out to about $22 per can, or $132 for 6 cans after shipping once. Don't even want to add up shipping to a 3rd party.

So, bluewool, I guess you're suggestion is a better idea.

Comment

Working...
              X