No announcement yet.

1982 gs1100glz starting issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok... had choke all the way over.. to full choke.. put air box on.. fired up revved high.. died out...lol.. forgot to put tank back on and connect it....ahhh... I'll get it before weekend gets here i think.. I have a few wires left to follow that are for lights and what nots... but major wires are done.. and working good... not bad for a $400 bike. Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Comment

Sounds like you've made your way out of the weeds, congratulations!
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Hi,

Wow! That's quite and undertaking. Take your time, be meticulous, be methodical. Soon (OK, maybe not that soon) you'll be cooking with electrons.

You'll find information about tools, connectors, etc, in the electrical section of my website. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yes got it running but.... runs weird.... idles kind of loped then revs way up all of a sudden.. then back down for a few seconds to a few minutes then way back up for a second or two then back down kinda sounds like a heavily cammed race car idle except for the high revving ON IT"S OWN!!! Then when i give it some throttle it bogs down and dies out... it will start right back up though any ideas?

Comment

id say 95% of connections are clean.. as I pulled most of them apart..lol.. i was thinking it may be carbs.. or sticky clogged jets in carbs

Comment

Working...
            X