GS 700 Brake light issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 700 Brake light issue

I am having an issue with my GS700 brake light. All the sudden it will not turn off, i.e. when I put the key in the ignition and turn the bike on the brake light is always bright (like the brakes are engaged). Any help would be great!! Thanks!

Matt

wiggle the handle bar lever..maybe the switch is stuck..do the same with the rear lever. The front switch has a black plastic cap with 2 screws . Its under the brake lever on the bars..You can loosen the 2 screws a bit amd move the circuit board the wires are attatched to to adjust the front switch. The rear switch up by the rear master cylinder ( on the frame) is adjusted by loosening the jam nuts and adjusting the switch up or down as needed.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. mkerns12,

Yes, most of the time this is caused by a faulty front brake switch. You'll find a repair guide on my little website. You might want to turn the whole thing upside down before you start taking it apart. That way the springs and contacts won't jump out and get lost. Now let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will try both ends this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
        X