Cheap SERIES(????) R/R : VRRPM3 from OMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    It looks very similar to compufire in the pics...
    got any pics? Front and back

Comment

NO LUCK PICS tommorow

Comment

************************************************** *****************************
        Latest Updates:

I went by Salty Monks house to test a TRIAL unit he had bought from OMP-Oregon Motorcycle Parts
        Despite the inquiries and the claims this is an unbalanced SHUNT very similar to the original Suzuki R/R's

BOTTOM LINE THIS IS A SINGLE LEG REGULATING SHUNT DESIGN Circa 1977

results here for the IT IS NOT A SERIES R_R

NOITISNOT_SERIES_RR RESULTS HERE

************************************************** *****************************

Comment

Well it's a good thing we still have these
          If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.

Half the cost and a direct bolt in.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I thought it sounded too good to be true.
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
              I thought it sounded too good to be true.
              There is no technical reason you coudl not buy a SERIES R/R for under $100, but coming from out-of-the-blue from this hole in the wall place (special vendor arrangement, when all the other R/R's he have a clearly SHUNT type)

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                Gotta give Jim some real credit here. His testing of this unit has potentially saved dozens of fellow GSR members from wasting their time and money, thinking they were getting a series R/R.

I know he can be anal and isn't often accused of being a tactful writer, but I for one do appreciate the work he's doing on behalf of our GSR group :tiphat:

- John
                Gee whiz I'm gushing all over

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                  Well it's a good thing we still have these
                  If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.

Half the cost and a direct bolt in.

Yep, best "bang for your buck" in town. Thanks Duane.

Kudos to Dan and Jim for taking the time to really check out this new unit. You guys are our very own "GS Mythbusters" team!

It was great to see you last weekend Jim. Sorry you couldn't make it Dan. It was a fun little wrenching party.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                    It was great to see you last weekend Jim. Sorry you couldn't make it Dan. It was a fun little wrenching party.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
                    Bill helped to . Next time will hopefully be with bikes.

Comment

Yes sorry I missed it. It was good to check the unit out & saved me a job... I'll stick with the Mosfet unit I have on there for now, I'd like a series but $200 is a lot to justify.

Hopefully the vendor will accept the one I bought back
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                        Yes sorry I missed it. It was good to check the unit out & saved me a job... I'll stick with the Mosfet unit I have on there for now, I'd like a series but $200 is a lot to justify.

Hopefully the vendor will accept the one I bought back
                        I hope so too! I believe what they have done is actually illegal if they object... false advertising.
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Lots of later model Honda units on Ebay for under $50.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                            Lots of later model Honda units on Ebay for under $50.

I got a brand new 6 wire for about $20 shipped. Will give it a little test on the GS750

Comment

Has anyone informed OMP of our findings? I'm curious how they would respond to these allegations.

Comment

I was just looking for this thread to ask the same thing... I see Salty Monk has his for sale now, so I'm guessing they didn't want to refund it...
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X