• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
    What's an R/R?
    Roger Ramjet; makes the GS really fly

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      What's an R/R?
      It's a sign that lets you know there's a railroad crossing ahead.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Its a latin abbreviation for pain in the ass!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Billy,
          I just posted a couple drawing showing the difference between how the current flows depending on how the grounds are constructed.

This may be close to a wash if all contacts between the battery(-) and R/R(-) are kept clean but as we have come to expect things fall into dis repair. Putting a bigger wire between the battery and R/R doesn't really help the situation when it is connections and crimps that get dirty.

Jim
          I posted up your single point ground diagram figuring it would be the easiest and most effective. Like you say though if all the grounds are clean, ie removing paint under the ground to the frame and cleaning up the areas where the other grounds attach he should be golden. Using some Ox-Gard paste under the grounds would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
            I posted up your single point ground diagram figuring it would be the easiest and most effective. Like you say though if all the grounds are clean, ie removing paint under the ground to the frame and cleaning up the areas where the other grounds attach he should be golden. Using some Ox-Gard paste under the grounds would be good too.
            Billy,
            Yes I saw that. Thanks, im just never sure how clear some of my postings are.
            I'm sure people wonder what is the difference in (I think the OP started down that path as well) just running a wire from from the R/R(-) to the battery when there is this big ground strap from battery to engine case; what is to be gained by adding yet another ground from R/R(-) to the frame?
            So at the risk of being overly repetitive, the simple answer is that in this R/R(-) single point configuration, the only currents traveling between the battery and the R/R (to and back) are the currents used to charge the battery; there is no other current sharing.This lessens charging system sensitivity to connection resistance
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X