1982 gs300 igniter only sparks on rt cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs300 igniter only sparks on rt cylinder

I can only get the right side cylinder to spark. Just replaced igniter with a used one now I do get 1 side spark. The pick-ups are in specs and swapped coils so I know it's good. Can half of the igniter be bad? Does anyone know where to find another igniter or aftermarket one. It is different than my rebuilt running gs450.

Welcome aboard. Gosh its the season of trashed igniters. If you read some of the posts you will see several of us are tracking down igniters for 550s. they are damned near impossible to find and I suspect your one will be even harder to locate. In answer to your question, yes it is possible that one side went out.

I'm not sure if aftermarket models are available but you could check Boyer Bransden in England. They have been very helpful for me, but be warned they will not be cheap.

I don't know if there were any other bikes that used your model of igniter but you might start a search once you locate the model number of the igniter which should be stamped or labelled on it. Also post a wanted ad here someone might have one.

It is a real shame that so many of these great bikes are out of commission for want of a spark box. I hope you can find something.

Good luck,
    Spyug

Comment

I did take the igniter off my sons gs450 and moved the wires around so they were in the right space and tried it. IT WORKED.. now I need one for a gs300 or gs450.

Comment

Working...
      X