duaneage Honda R/R Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duaneage Honda R/R Question

I just got my R/R today from duaneage. But I ran into a small problem.

This.

There are 3 stator wires from the R/R. But my bike only has plugs for two stator wires. What do I do? Can I just not plug one of the wires in? Or something else?

My bike is a 1980 Suzuki GS450L.

Your third leg probably runs to the headlight. Check a wiring diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      Your third leg probably runs to the headlight. Check a wiring diagram.
      Eh?

Here's a wiring diagram.

On the wiring diagram, it shows a single yellow wire with two bullet connectors.

Comment

It shows one leg going to the headlight switch and two going to the regulator rectifier.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          It shows one leg going to the headlight switch and two going to the regulator rectifier.
          I'm not seeing this headlight thingy .

EDIT: I see now. So what do I do?
          Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

One leg routes thorught eh "lighting switch" and the other two go directly into the reg\rect.

Does your set up only have two connections?

Duaneage would best be able to answer the query. Others must have experienced the problem though.

Three phases one routing thorugh the light switch.

Comment

The stator wire shown at the top center of the stator on the diagram runs to the headlight switch. Follow the lead from your old r/r and find where it plugs into the harness. I can't tell what color the diagram is showing for that wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                The stator wire shown at the top center of the stator on the diagram runs to the headlight switch. Follow the lead from your old r/r and find where it plugs into the harness. I can't tell what color the diagram is showing for that wire.
                OHHH! Gotcha! The wire you're talking about is the white/green wire. So I plug one of the yellow wires from the R/R into that and the other two yellow wires from the R/R to the yellow wires from the stator. Am I right so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                  OHHH! Gotcha! The wire you're talking about is the white/green wire. So I plug one of the yellow wires from the R/R into that and the other two yellow wires from the R/R to the yellow wires from the stator. Am I right so far?
                  Sounds like you have it figured out. As long as that's where the other r/r wire ran to then that's it.

Comment

The phases are all of equal output.
                    It is just a three phase AC generator.
                    SO yes plug it in.

I of course assume no liability.

You did do a test on the stator to see if it ok? You did clean all your wiring connections?

Comment

The phases are all of equal output.
                      It is just a three phase AC generator.
                      SO yes plug it in.

I of course assume no liability.

You did do a test on the stator to see if it ok? You did clean all your wiring connections?
                      Yup, everything is good.

My next question. What is this wire? Apparently, it's the sense wire and I plug it into the brake light? How's this work? The black wire.

So I plug the brake light wire into the female black wire then the male on the black wire just goes to where it originally goes? Am I right?

Comment

Yup, everything is good.

My next question. What is this wire? Apparently, it's the sense wire and I plug it into the brake light? How's this work? The black wire.

So I plug the brake light wire into the female black wire then the male on the black wire just goes to where it originally goes? Am I right?
                        No Idea i do not have one of those.
                        If you did not have one ignore it.

Comment

Yes, that is your sense wire. Some will suggest to attach it to your brake light. I'm finding it's better to take it to your fuse block or a relay that feeds your fuse block.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

You can plug it into the hot side of the brake light switch or the tail light positive. Most anything that is switched power.

Comment

No Idea i do not have one of those.
                              If you did not have one ignore it.
                              I was just going by duaneage's wiring diagram.

I think I got it right . Then the red wire goes to the fuse. And the green wire is the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X