Wayne Gum of makes igniters for GS 550s, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne Gum of makes igniters for GS 550s, etc

I purchased an igniter to replace my original unit which went out on me a little while back. I found it on ebay for $99. Right before I made that purchase, I was told about Wayne Gum, who makes the Hyper Pak igniter for the 85 550s and others.

It cost me $185 shipped, and is new. Wayne is a good man, and he is honest, and fair. I suggest those of you who need an igniter contact him. When I get home tonight I will find his address and post it on this thread.

New Zealand..seems like a great guy that knows his stuff.

Comment

Good to know. Is a plug in fit or are there any special wiring that needs doing? Maybe post a pic for us,please.

Cheers,
      spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
        Good to know. Is a plug in fit or are there any special wiring that needs doing? Maybe post a pic for us,please.

Cheers,
        spyug
        i dont know how to post a pic.. but if you go online and type in Hyper Pak ignition... it will show up and it is a plug in fit.

Yeah New Zealand.. not Australia.

Comment

I'm assuming this is what you guys are referring to:

This website is for sale! erd.co.nz is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, erd.co.nz has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I shot an email off a week or two ago to enquire about price for one for my 450.

I got a reply to clarify if it was electronic and mechanical advance, I replied that it was mechanical, and I haven't heard a thing since.

I'll have to send a follow up email but it was a little disappointing that there was no reply with a price or to tell me they don't have one suitable or whatever...

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm still trying to sort out getting the GM HEI modules working too...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
          X