Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Harness 850 G 1980

Hello all,

I have looked and looked. I am looking to replace my entire wiring harness... the previous owner spliced it where it to the point where it is too much of a mess to use. I really don't want to wire it myself so that is not an option here.... so I have a few questions:

1) only place I could find wiring harness is selling it at a high price of $184 though it is new... I realllly don't want to pay that much for just the harness.. any ideas?

2) How different is the L versus G models of the 850? I found the 850 L wiring harness but the seller said that the harnesses are different between the G and L models.

Again, the current harness is, for lack of better words, crap. I have learned a lot reading the forums and appreciate your help!
    -Luper

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. rluper,

Well, I don't know about you, but if I needed a whole new harness and someone had a NOS loom for only $184 I'd jump on it. I thought wiring harnesses for these old bikes were pretty much unobtainable. The "L" model harness would probably work with some modifications but you'd have to be able to read a wiring diagram and get creative in places, I'm sure.

You could also try your luck on a used one if it turns up on Ebay. Or check the Parts for Sale section and post in the Parts Wanted section here in the forum.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Don't ya think $184 is high for a motorcycle wiring harness? I'm desperate but jeese. Well when the L model wiring harness comes in I will compare with the wiring diagrams

Comment

Working...
      X