Turn Signal Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Compatibility

Any reason why a set of turn signals for '80-'83 GS750's wouldn't work on my '77 GS750?

More specifically these: http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/suzuki/gs750/?filters , part #'s 11-2174 and 11-2175.

My guess is that they'll work just fine, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone knew for sure first.

Can't see from the photo but if they have 2 leads (power and ground) they will work. In fact any two lead lights will work. They don't need to be Suzuki specific.

Good luck with the project.
    Spyug

Comment

I actually did this switch (with factory parts) in 1983. You might need a washer or a ring of coat hanger on the signal bushings to get them to fit snugly.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Turn signals are turn signals. Some bikes use dual filament bulbs up front (1157 type) with three wire connections. Others use single filament bulbs (1156 type) with two wire connections. Some even have a single wire for (+) and use the chassis as the ground connection.

You have to be careful if you move from incandescent bulbs to LEDs. This usually requires a change in the flasher unit.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys! I may go with led's at some point, but for now, I just need a complete set of turn signals that I don't have to do too much messing around with.

Comment

Working...
          X